Monday, August 8, 2011
"Just win, baby!" quote Al Davis the most hated manager in pro sport.
- I was a big fan of Alexi Kovalev but, we didn't win and he didn't play very well (but maybe better than he got credit for). However as a hockey player, in your later years, you are expected to take the criticism and leave quietly.
- Nobody in hockey drinks anymore like the old days so it's good to hear that some of the scribes are holding up the old tradition.
- And writers, that live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks...
- Game plans, as the imaginary defenceman's coach, I didn't get into the actual "over all" game strategy for the offence, because I couldn't figure it out. But day 1 (his), I stood twenty feet away and watched Cory, then the new coach of Bingo, lose two Russian prospects in two instructional sentences and never return to them for the full year! "Catch 22" you should not be a Head Coach in the NHL until you have had 3 years experience as a Head Coach in the NHL". Peter De Boer. It was not all Clouston's fault.
- Jason, enough with the prognostications, just make sure "The puck does not die with Spezza", this year and ya could be an MVP candidate!
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 7:42:00 PM
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
- All our kids, the SENs younger guys just tightened their belts one notch as Daugavins is back and Kaspars as good as any of them going into camp...remember our merit principle and the puck does not die with KD.
Saw the SENs full Quebéc League uniform as a kid only after they had folded, played against the Ottawa Primrose in the Montréal Royals hand me down uniforms, a numeral instead of the CH, nice, Quebec Aces uniform never changed, ya should have seen Jean Beliveau in it. Chicoutimi Saguenéens, Shawinigan Falls Cataracts, Three Rivers' Lions one nicer than the next. The Quebec League got televised (in the mid-Nineteen Fifties) on Sunday afternoon because they were that good and the unis were that cool. Ottawa's was as sharp as any ones. This should be a great third jersey!
- Not fusee for Alfie playing a lot of tennis or golf, where is his personal trainer...one serve...one five iron in the fescue...
- EriK should be workin' on his "thickness" not playin' tennis with Jarrko.
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 10:05:00 PM