Thursday, January 31, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Petr Regin to center ice...last game watching him up close he looks so good and skates so well but...
But wearing #13 (don't even like the look of it, there never usta be a sweater with #13 on it) TOI 10:07; 0 for 4 on the draw; 15 shifts; one good altercation/exchange in the corner in which he held his own but he never went deep again for the rest of the game.
It's time to really test the shoulder, throw a big check and come right back and take a hard hit Petr has got to get this out of the way.
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 12:55:00 PM
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
What if Ben Bishop gets his start and wets the bed...his value halved.
What if Robin without #46 & # 61 in Bingo gets "politicked"...
What if Andy realizes that there is nothing behind him, feels the pressure and takes the gas?
Big League hockey is a chess game with real "Warriors" everything does not go perfect all the time, as in the best laid plans of mice and men.
You can only send your Stanley Cup goalie to the minors with an extra twenty in his jeans so many times...
PS: Look @ Vancouver!
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 8:35:00 PM
- Always thought Andy was good but the closer ya get to him the better he looks...
- When #65; #19; #11 just play ordinary and ya win four zip...alright!
- Wiercioch and Benoit are not you usual 5-6 pair from the "A", can you say ready...
- Guy and Kyle look pretty co-ordinated, Alfie is just lookin' to fit in but it's there in Spades.
- Prediction the last ten minutes of the third is ours every game I don't know what Paul has done but we're faster and in better shape than everybody.
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 12:51:00 PM
Monday, January 21, 2013
- Healy should come to practice to really appreciate "EriK" I don't think "Jolly Glen" has ever seen a defenceman who can skate like that. Wake Up and watch the game Healy.
- Word for the day is "Situated", don't think I've ever seen an Ottawa Team with four centers who are so well equipped...so well suited to cary out their assignments. "Paul" just keep roolin' 'em out there. They eventually find their mis-match...
- Kyle will talk to Guy but it will be another tough night for #73 as the pressure will be intense...
- Alfie will score for his home town crowd tonight.
- Andy should go again, believe it or not, he needs the reps.
- Ottawa wins 5 - 2.
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 9:23:00 AM
Saturday, January 19, 2013
- Andy, ho-hum, just another road victory.
- Marc Methot, #3, nice game.
- EriK is cool.
- GL when it's that far off, that rusty, it's like a golf swing...game 3 or game 4...CLICK!
- We got 4, count 'em 4 really well situated center ice men...
- Alfie is still the best puck checker in the league...because he does not waste any energy he just gets the puck.
- Third pair nice game they didn't look out of place at all.
- Penalty count 7 -3, I guess we better get used to it. (Tranna 6-6) Tranna 9-4 (5-2)=27-15
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 6:27:00 PM
Friday, January 18, 2013
Coach Paul makes minor "Faux pas" not starting the "Dawg" as hockey etiquette says is you are good enuf to make the big team again ya should get the start because you were the guys who took the Ranger to 7 games not #13.
C'mon Petr "Balls to the wall" man, give 'er...
Like that 2nd line...if they could only stop giggling...Latendresse is impressive...
Hope #46 is as good as advertised, Wiercioch looks confident...
Benoit will play better than expected because he is very gifted smart player.
EriK will be on his horse for most of the game which is fine as long as some cowboy doesn't try to take one for the team.
Andy wins but it's 6 - 5 Ottawa in a sloppy mistake filled match.
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 5:33:00 PM
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
When you are called to the big team after the lockout and your American League plus/minus is +10 (Patrick #46) or +12 (Mark #74) ya can thank both your goalies, big time.
Imagine being a young defenceman having a +15 standing 6'3"/215lbs and being left behind...Eric is in his last year of his contract...
Robin may go back down but he may not re up with us next year? A dangerous game we are playing here with our Stanley Cup goalie. It will start with a Contract dispute!
After half a season in the "A" if you are over 2 goals a game you stay and if you are under 2 you go up.
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 7:59:00 PM
Monday, January 14, 2013
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
The reason and I have thought about this allot, the reason Toronto has such a poor hockey team year after year is that their writers, broadcasters and prognosticators are the worst in the league. The only good readable writer they had got fired.
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 2:49:00 PM
Sunday, January 6, 2013
- Need Brian Murray's State of the Sens address to get me started.
- Need to see the coach on his skates @ camp, when you get to our age ya don't skate during strikes.
- We need one National League Defenceman to make a run.
- C'mon Ref drop the puck...already...
Posted by Canucnik at 5:45:42 12:31:00 PM